Sunday, May 2, 2010

Mommy's Turn

 Being a Mommy- the hardest but most rewarding job on the planet. Even though there can be times of struggle with long. tiring and what seem to be thankless days-at the end I can scoop up each one of my "babies" and cuddle them and know why I do this everyday! On a regular basis there is not enough time to truly take care of me.The one thing I struggle with the most, is eating. When the kids are in bed I often remember I have not eaten all day. I am constantly providing for everyone else's needs.I am here by myself most days until after the kids are in bed. Things definitely get hectic around here.Not eating is a bad habit that has got to go! As Moms we need to be taking better care of ourselves. It is important that we fuel our bodies with healthy foods to keep us enegized and on the go. Today the baby was asleep, the boys with their Dad and I actually had time to sit down and have some lunch! Special occasion for me guys! The grocery store had great organic produce yesterday so, I wanted to share with you one of my favorite things to eat during the spring and summer-its delicious-

Strawberry Salad
  • Goat Cheese
  • Fresh Strawberries
  • Spring Mix
  • Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
  • Other great things to add if you have them around - Grilled chicken breast ( perfect use for leftovers), Pine Nuts, Walnuts, Almonds or whatever else may tickle your fancy!




This is a quick and easy salad that even the busiest of moms can manage to throw together. It is healthy and low fat, if you go easy on the goat cheese and other extras :)  I sure did enjoy it for lunch today! Remember- we may rarely get any time for us, but if we don't take care of ourselves who will be the ones caring for our kids?

4 comments:

  1. Why don't you eat with your kids???

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower from FFF on MBC :)
    I like salad and strawberries but never tried them together. We'll see !?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Usually when the boys are eating I am feeding the baby, catching up on laundry or dishes and whatever else might need to get done- I do try to stay in the kitchen because when they are eating it is a great time to talk with them. I am lucky my laundry room is right there and with 5 people plus cloth diapers I am always behind especially on laundry and dishes, which are all done by my two hands :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. URGENT LOAN IS AVAILABLE NOW

    TODAY I GOT MY DESIRED LOAN AMOUNT $760K FROM A RELIABLE,TRUSTED AND REGISTERED PRIVATE LOAN COMPANY LAST WEEK,BUSINESS/HOME/COMPANY/PROJECT/PERSONAL LOAN? ARE NOW AFFORDABLE HERE FOR YOU TODAY CONTACT Email profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com

    Hello, I'm here to testify of how i got my real estate business loan from PROF. MRS.DOROTHY JEAN INVESTMENTS (profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com) I don't know if you are in need of an urgent loan to pay bills, start business or build a house, they offer all kinds of loan Ranging from $5,000.00 to $2,000,000.00USD with a low interest rate of 2% and loan duration of 1 to 33 years to pay back the loan secure and unsecured. Are you losing sleep at nights worrying how to get a Legit Loan Lender?
    MRS.DOROTHY JEAN holds all of the information about how to obtain money quickly and painlessly without cost/stress via Contacts Email profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online